8.23.2009

hmmm....

The past few days have sucked ass.
Wednesday I wanted to ride so badly at Palos, but of course Mother Nature had other plans. It probably didn't matter, I hadn't felt well all that day and by evening I was pretty sick. I initially thought it was allergies but having slept early Wednesday into late Thursday afternoon, I'm thinking it was something else.
I can't believe how much pain I was in. My body ached, my skin hurt to the touch, I could barely open my eyes. My jaw felt mis-aligned the sinus pressure was so intense. Friday I felt a little better but still felt a bit off balance and my head was still on the verge of exploding. Saturday I finally felt well enough to walk around, talk, etc. I even took Zoe to her allergist appointment and the doc was more interested in me! She ended up making me fill out a bunch of paperwork so she could give me some samples and a prescription to help me feel better.
Saturday afternoon it was my cousin's wedding. I was glad to be feeling a little better of course. I'm not a huge fan of weddings, but still, I didn't want to miss it. It's weird, I didn't think I'd care at my own, but I was so happy to have my friends and family there to share my day. I wanted to do the same for her. Later that evening I started to feel more like myself. The left side of my head still hurt and I was pretty congested and out of breath. I couldn't dance as much as I wanted, but I still was able to.
John ended up getting sick on Friday night, so he was sick at the wedding too. Kind of a bummer as I wanted to dance more with him... but I'm glad he was able to make it all.
Sunday I had hoped to get a good ride in with the Meltdown next week. I'd hoped to get some good riding all of last week actually. Obviously being sick doesn't help my cause. Anyway, John and I took our neighbors Ryan (another Ryan) and Mark out to Palos to see if they wanted to do the Meltdown. It was perfect. Ryan is 11 so obviously can't go fast (yet). I was able to ride, not push myself and introduce him to mountain biking. It was a great day. I'm so happy to have made it out.


Now almost 10:30 and starting to feel better, I totally don't want to go to work tomorrow.

2 comments:

velogrrl said...

Glad you are feeling better!
When my skin hurts, that's when I know I'm really sick, likely with the flu. At that point I know it's not allergies.

bubba said...

Do you think John would dance with me?