2.10.2009

yeah. icons make me laugh.

I did something completely out of the ordinary today. I chose to embrace today as a gift and not complain about how it was only one day of beautiful. It was a great tease and I was happy to have it. There is something pretty sweet about short sleeves outside in February.
My awesome mom agreed to watch the kids for a bit. So John and I headed out to the bike path and rode through the trees. The moon was full, the air was perfect and there was barely any ice. I felt so out of shape, but didn't even care. I didn't even care that the saddle was a painful wedge.

7 comments:

Tom K said...

get a new saddle already.

all the ice is about gone? sweet. now i need the rain to stop.

Julie said...

i find ANY saddle hurts after a long time off the bike.

Unknown said...

No, this saddle really really has to go. It is literally a wedge. It's not a "oh my sit bones are sore" type thing. It's a "get that thing out of my crotch" type of saddle.

Dano said...

Great to hear your on a bike!!!

Tom K said...

don't you guys have like 50 bikes? can't you steal on off another bike?

Unknown said...

you can't steal parts off other bikes. i do have extra saddles. but i absolutely was not expecting to be going for a ride outside in feb. still tho, it's on the agenda for this evening.

Sara said...

Doesn't it make you all giddy and happy and nothing in the world can wipe the perma-smile off your face?

(not the saddle, the ride)

God, i love that feeling.