5.21.2009

the mesa...

Hm. I went out there last night.
It was muddy. And leafy. I wasn't surprised really, but still bummed.
It needs a lot of work to be fun ride-able.
Lots of raking, reroutes etc and I didn't even get through half the mesa or any of the outer loops. I'm sort of depressed about it.
It sucks not having anybody to help. It's a lot of trail for John and me to take care of, especially so with 2 kids. Garden Grove wasn't even raked last year. If we even get to that this year, it'll essentially be making new trail. I don't remember where the fuck that trail went.
Hopefully there will be time this weekend to get out there and take care of things.
Work to play.

2 comments:

Ben said...

I'd help again, but I am out of town this weekend...let me know for future trips out there

Chris said...

Just get your kids to grow up and help -- my parents always called that type of stuff "chores." ;-)